Position Overview: L.A. Works is seeking a motivated AmeriCorps VISTA Leader to support the Volunteer Corps, a countywide VISTA project based in Los Angeles, CA. AmeriCorps VISTA Leaders are former AmeriCorps VISTA members who have completed at least one term of full time service and have displayed exceptional leadership and passion for community service. With 10 VISTA members, the overall goal of L.A. Works’ Volunteer Corps is to alleviate poverty in Los Angeles by enhancing nonprofit organizations’ volunteer programs. With robust volunteer programs, these organizations will run more effectively and efficiently. The VISTA Leader will act as the go-to person for VISTAs when they need assistance navigating the VISTA Assignment Description, community issues, reporting requirements, and VISTA policies.
- Under direction of the Volunteer Corps Manager, help foster a learning community amongst the VISTA members through planning and leading monthly trainings, meetings, and activities;
- Assist VISTA members in achieving success in performance, service assignments, and for the overall project;
- Maintain regular communication with VISTA members to recognize accomplishments and to provide support, motivation, and feedback;
- Develop training resources to enhance professional development opportunities for VISTA members;
- Living Allowance | AmeriCorps member receive a living allowance that is distributed bi-weekly.
- Segal Education Award | Upon successful completion of one year of service, AmeriCorps members earn a $5,775 education award that can be put towards student loans or future educational expenses (or a $4,800 end of service cash stipend).
- Loan Forbearance | AmeriCorps members may be eligible to have their loans temporarily postponed while they are serving
- Childcare | AmeriCorps VISTA member may qualify for childcare assistance during their terms of service.
- Health Benefits | All AmeriCorps VISTA members are eligible to participate in the Health Benefits Program at no cost.
- Must have successfully completed one term as an AmeriCorps VISTA member prior to starting the position;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Engaging public speaker and networker;
- Must be willing to learn, work hard, and teach others;
- Passion for nonprofit work and belief in community service AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Valid driver’s license;
- Some evening and weekend commitments;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Duration: One-year commitment
http://www.laworks.com/How to apply
Deadline to apply: June 1st
Location570 W Ave 26Suite 400Los Angeles, CA 90065United States