Title: Development Intern (Unpaid)
Reports To: Vice President, Business Development
Hours: Part time (minimum 10 hours/week)
Length: Up to one (1) academic school year
buildOn Regions: Detroit, Chicago and Remote
Start Date: Spring 2019
Overview of the Role
buildOn is seeking passionate, motivated, and dedicated Development intern to assist in managing various relationships with buildOn Donors supporting our Global programs. Within this role, you will help ensure that buildOn meets all reporting requirements as needed. The Development intern will primarily work with our Vice President, Business Development and with a focus on supporting our reporting requirements for Dubai Cares, one of buildOn’s donors. The opportunity offers opportunities to experience various responsibilities and complete diverse tasks within the account/relationship management.
What you will learn:
- Leadership and relationship building skills
- Valuable tools for working with Donors
- Project planning and execution skills
- Relationship development skills
- Report and proposal writing skills
- You will learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with internal and external departmental leaders in the non-profit field
Our internships offer you the opportunity:
- Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network – meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
- Find Mentors – We value all our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals
- Helping collect content and images for use in the Dubai Cares reports.
- Participate in the report writing process.
- Helping catalogue past and currently active programs, identifying and helping write all outstanding/pending reports.
- Liaising with Program Country staff and Loyalty Marketing Coordinator to ensure timely delivery of school completion and adult literacy program Reports.
- Provide Donors with updates on past and present programs as needed.
- Join in on Donor group meetings/phone calls where possible.
- Assist in any other way as needed.
Who we are looking for:
- buildOn Alumni preferred
- Results oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and flexible people with a passion for mission-drive work to join our team
- Experienced, first hand, the power of service, and are looking to bring this passion to the communities buildOn works with.
- Has knowledge of International Development and Report Writing in particular.
- Working towards a degree or has equivalent work experience. Preferred majors included International Development, Marketing, Communications and English.
- Enjoy working with diverse groups of people.
- Willing to work minimum of 10 hours/week (sometimes Saturdays and or early mornings)
This is a volunteer position. College credit is available depending on the requirements of your college or university. If selected for the position, you must pass a background check.
How to apply
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com