The four-week Poverty In Your Community course will be offered twice in Fall 2018. The first session will run from September 10 - October 7. The second session of the course will run from October 15 - November 11. The content of each session is the same. Apply by completing the following four steps:
- Read the syllabus to learn more about the commitment you’ll be making as you apply for the Poverty In Your Community course.
- Read the article, "How Students Develop Online Learning Skills", to determine if an online learning environment is a good fit for you.
- Share the syllabus with your site supervisor to confirm that the course will not interfere with your duties as a VISTA.
- Complete the Application. For the Fall sessions, the application period is August 13 – September 2, 2018.
We will review applications using the following criteria:
- Student’s agreement to course and conditions described in the application
- Student’s ability to meet technology requirements
- Student’s time availability
- Student’s service term ending after the conclusion of the class
Additional criteria may be applied to manage course enrollment.
Applications are due by the deadline. We can not accept late applications. After applications are reviewed, you will be notified of your enrollment status by the Friday before the course term begins.
Please note that college credit recommendations are not currently available for the Poverty In Your Community course.
View our Frequently Asked Questions page to get answers to the most common questions about our online courses.
Please feel free to contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.