You may apply for any of the four VISTA online courses by completing the following four steps. Please note, course terms are different lengths depending on the course you apply for. Note dates next to the course syllabi listed below.
- Read the syllabus for the course you want to apply to learn more about the commitment you’ll be making:Resource Development - Course dates: January 7 – March 17, 2019
Volunteer Mobilization - Course dates: January 7 – March 17, 2019
Poverty In Your Community - First session course dates: January 7- February 3, 2019. Second session course dates: February 18 – March 17, 2019
Community Engagement - Course dates: January 7 - February 24, 2019
- Read the article, "How Students Develop Online Learning Skills", to determine if an online learning environment is a good fit for you.
- Share the syllabus with your site supervisor to confirm that the course will not interfere with your duties as a VISTA.
- Complete the Application (available November 26th.)The Winter 2019 term application period is November 26 – December 16, 2018.
We will review applications using the following criteria:
- Student’s agreement to course and conditions described in the application
- Student’s ability to meet technology requirements
- Student’s time availability
- Student’s service term ending after the last date of the course term (check your service dates against the course dates listed above)
Additional criteria may be applied to manage course enrollment.
Applications are due by the deadline. We can not accept late applications. After applications are reviewed, you will be notified of your enrollment status by the Friday before the course term begins.
Please note that college credit recommendations are not currently available for the Poverty In Your Community or Community Engagement courses. They are, however, available for Resource Development and Volunteer Mobilization.
View our Frequently Asked Questions to get answers to the most common questions about our online courses.
Please feel free to contact us with questions at email@example.com.