TRAVEL & TRANSPORTATION SUPPORT
- Travel to and from CNCS-sponsored training events and conferences (e.g., an in-person Pre-Service Orientation)
- Travel to and from the service site, prior to and after service, for members and leaders relocating more than 50 miles from their homes
- Emergency travel (see Chapter 9: Leave Benefits – Emergency Leave)
TRAVEL TO TRAINING
REQUESTING APPROVAL FOR TRAVEL TO TRAINING
PREFERRED MODES OF TRAVEL
RELOCATION TRAVEL ALLOWANCE
REQUESTING APPROVAL FOR RELOCATION TRAVEL
MODES OF TRAVEL FOR RELOCATION
RELOCATION TRAVEL ROUTING
TRAVEL TO PRE-SERVICE ORIENTATION FOR THOSE WHO RELOCATE
REQUESTING REIMBURSEMENT FOR TRAVEL
TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT AT END OF SERVICE
Additional Year of Service
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION FOR SERVICE-RELATED TRAVEL
VEHICLES OWNED OR LEASED BY SPONSORING ORGANIZATIONS FOR SERVICE-RELATED TRAVEL
PRIVATELY OWNED VEHICLES FOR SERVICE-RELATED TRAVEL
LICENSING AND INSURANCE
ACCIDENTS WHILE DRIVING A PRIVATELY OWNED VEHICLE
- You must complete Sections I-IX of Form SF-91, Operator's Report of Motor Vehicle Accident available here: https://www.nationalservice.gov/documents/2013/motor-vehicle-accident-report-sf-91-view-only. Your supervisor must complete Section X, Blocks 71-82c. Sections XI-XIII are completed only if bodily injury and/or fatality occur, and/or damages exceed $500.
- Where appropriate, you must obtain the names and addresses of witnesses and, if possible, obtain a completed Form SF-94, Statement of Witness, from each witness available here: https://www.nationalservice.gov/documents/2013/motor-vehicle-accident-statement-witness-sf-94. When there are no witnesses and, therefore, an SF-94 cannot be prepared, a statement to this effect must be included in the operator's report (SF-91) and certified by the supervisor.
- Make sure your supervisor prepares notes for the files in case you file a claim under the Federal Employees' Compensation Act (see Chapter 8) after you complete service.
- You must log into my.americorps.gov and complete the Use of Vehicle or Public Transportation V-81 Form. The sponsoring organization or supervisor and CNCS State Office approve the V-81 form (AmeriCorps VISTA Use of Vehicles and Public Transportation).
TRAVEL FORMS AT A GLANCE*
"Travel to Training" Travel Request Profile – Available in my.americorps.gov
Required for all VISTA candidates who attend an in-person PSO. Documents the points and modes of travel for PSO and other special needs.
VISTA Training Unit
"Training and Relocation Travel" Travel Request Profile – Available in my.americorps.gov
Required for VISTA candidates who relocate more than 50 miles from their home of record to serve and will be attending an in-person Pre-Service Orientation prior to starting service. Documents the preferred dates, route, and mode(s) of travel.
|VISTA Member Support Unit – you must receive written approval arranging relocation travel|
|“Relocation Travel” Travel Request Profile – Available in my.americorps.gov||Required for VISTA candidates who relocate more than 50 miles from their home of record to serve, and are not attending an in-person PSO. Documents the preferred dates and mode(s) of travel.||VISTA Member Support Unit – you must receive written approval prior to arranging relocation travel||The Relocation Travel Request Profile is also used to inform end-of-service travel benefits; changes to your home of record must be submitted to the VMSU Director for approval up until the tenth month of service.|
|“Ending Service” Travel Request Profile – Available in my.americorps.gov||Created by the VMSU on behalf of VISTA members who relocated to serve at the beginning of service. Calculated based on mileage from service site to home of record (as established at the beginning of service)||VISTA Member Support Unit||Request to change home of record must be submitted to the VMSU Director for approval prior to the end of the member’s tenth month of service.|
Use of Vehicles or Public Transportation Form (V-81) – Available in my.americorps.gov
Required for VISTA members involved in an accident while operating a vehicle for service-related purposes.
|Sponsor and CNCS State Office – approval process is automated|
Form V-81 is not used for: