The Virginia Housing Alliance (VHA) and local partners are excited to announce the availability of fourteen (14) AmeriCorps VISTA Member positions to support affordable housing and homelessness services organizations transition into a more effective provider of housing and resources. The VISTA Member will work locally, share insights with other VHA VISTA Members placed across the state, and contribute to statewide efforts to expand affordable housing options and end homelessness.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time AmeriCorps VISTA Member to serve at the following sites for one year starting July 22, 2019. To find these listings and apply online, please visit my.americorps.gov.
VHA VISTA Project Objectives:
VISTA Members work with community leaders, site supervisors, and VHA to build community capacity by:
- Developing resources to increase development capacity and enhance organizational stability
- Building strategic partnerships that advance efforts to end homelessness
- Enhancing community engagement in affordable housing efforts
- Improving data quality and use in decision making
- Promoting best practices in affordable housing development and homelessness services
VHA’s mission is to expand affordable housing opportunities and end homelessness throughout the Commonwealth through advocacy, education, and collaboration.