VISTA is one of three AmeriCorps programs, so before deciding on VISTA you may want to learn about the variety of service opportunities in AmeriCorps. Check out this short video for a quick rundown on the three AmeriCorps programs and what sets VISTA apart.
Want to join VISTA? Here's how to get started.
Joining AmeriCorps VISTA is an opportunity of a lifetime and completing the official application will be your first step in becoming part of the National Service family. The application process takes commitment and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Visit the site to walk through the steps you’ll need to follow to complete and submit your application.
Below are additional resources to help you navigate through the application process including an application checklist that you can use to ensure you collect all the information needed to complete the application.
Quick links to related resources:
- Learn about VISTA at nationalservice.gov/VISTA and VISTACampus.gov
- View current AmeriCorps VISTA positions
- Get zip+4 information for yourself or your references
- Create a profile on my.americorps.gov
- The application checklist will help you collect all the information you need to apply
- View the text only version
- View the living allowance rates that VISTA Members and Leaders receive, listed by state and county of service.
You can also call the National Service Hotline at 800-942-2677 for technical assistance with your application M-Th from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern time.