Title: Director of Digital Marketing and Fundraising
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Location: Chicago (IL)
FLSA: Full Time /Exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday with weekday evenings and/or Saturdays required, up to 10% domestic and international travel required
Various Work Locations: regional buildOn office
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: Marketingjobs@buildon.org
Director of Digital Marketing and Fundraising
As buildOn’s Director of Digital Marketing and Fundraising you will apply your expertise in inbound marketing, content marketing, online fundraising, lead generation, donor cultivation, and technology to develop and lead strategies that will grow the buildOn movement and help end the education crisis across the globe.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in end-to-end creation and execution of digital marketing strategies, with a broad understanding of general marketing principles and trends.
- Oversee all digital marketing strategy and manage digital marketing budget
- Develop online fundraising strategy that equips external fundraisers (‘crowdraisers’) with the tools and strategies they need to succeed and converts one-time donors and non-donors into lifelong donors.
- Build and continually optimize an award-winning website with a superior user experience that drives lead generation, engagement, donations, and other supporter actions. Will lead a full redesign of buildon.org website and direct ongoing content development by marketing team.
- Create strategies – from short-term campaigns to large ongoing programs – that will drive engagement, increase funding, and grow buildOn’s movement.
- Partner with the CMO to create personalized programs and marketing journeys for buildOn’s core audience segments with the aim of creating ongoing relationships that move supporters through engagement pathways, unlocking and enhancing each individual’s commitment to the cause.
- Evaluate and enhance buildOn.org’s SEM & SEO to continually increase web traffic, drive donors and supporters to the site, and encourage supporters to take action.
- Leverage technology and data to provide recommendations based on audience behavior. Create dashboards that inform audience insights.
- Suggest and optimize tactics for CRM/email marketing programs to ensure we are reaching the right people with the right message at the right time. Oversees development and deployment of email messages by marketing team.
- Lead the development a social media strategy that will increase the quality fans and followers and turn them into supporters. Oversees execution of social media communication by the Marketing Team.
- Lead storytelling strategy. Manage and mentor Marketing Managers and Coordiantors to create powerful content that meets marketing goals.
- Serve as marketing liaison with regional VPs of Development, ensuring that each region has the marketing tools needed to meet their fundraising goals.
- Oversees development of all online and offline marketing tools (including print collateral). Creates and maintains schedule for creating and keeping materials up to date.
- Manages team of five marketing team members.
- Manage all external marketing partners, including but not limited to: web developers, copywriters, outside agencies.
What you’ll need to succeed
- You are committed to changing the world. You believe in buildOn’s mission and are committed to equality and service. You are as comfortable in a Bronx High School, or in West Africa, as you are at your desk.
- You are obsessed with quality. You have an intense focus on creating and launching only the highest quality, most compelling, and visually dynamic creative work possible.
- You are focused on the customer. You strive to provide consistently high internal and external stakeholder satisfaction.
- You communicate persuasively. You can plan and deliver oral, written, and visual communications and stories that move people to action.
- You are collaborative. You develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with people inside and outside the organization
- You lead by example and elevate expectations around performance. You are skilled at coaching and performance management.
- You are entrepreneurial. If you don’t have the tools you need to be successful, you will find them. Challenges don’t overwhelm you, and you have the tenacity to overcome them.
- You are strategic. You are focused on achieving your goals and spend your energy on the ideas and tasks to get you there.
BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Digital Media, Communications or a related field.
Minimum 10 years' experience in marketing/ in positions of increasing responsibility - with a focus on digital marketing and identifying emerging market trends.
Minimum 3+ years' experience in nonprofit industry preferred, but consideration will be given to candidates who demonstrate skills and experience in for-profit in growing engaged constituent communities and innovation.
High-level experience with email marketing platforms (MailChimp), CRM systems (Salesforce Pardot), CPC/CPA Advertising (Adwords), Wordress, social media platforms and the Adobe Creative Suite a must.
Experience with HTML and other programming languages a plus.
Experience managing people.
High level 'big picture' strategy and 'roll up your sleeves' execution.
About buildOn: buildOn is not a charity, it’s a movement! At home or abroad, buildOn's goal is to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education. In the U.S., buildOn empowers urban youth to transform their neighborhoods through intensive community service and to change the world by building schools in some of the economically poorest countries in the world. Internationally, buildOn is constructing schools in Haiti, Nicaragua, Nepal, Senegal, Malawi, and Mali. Our students have contributed over 2.3 million hours of service in the U.S. and have helped build nearly 1,600 schools around the world.
buildOn is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing its employees with a work environment that is both challenging and rewarding. For additional information, please visit our website at www.buildOn.org
How to apply
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to Marketingjobs@buildon.org