We have an English High School Language Arts teaching position available to begin January 6th, 2020. (Our school year runs from January 6th to November 6th, 2020.) This position entails teaching Language Arts to 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students. There are extra-curriculuar activities that are included in the list of responsibilities.
We are a bilingual, experimental/laboratory school, and utilize cutting edge teaching strategies to better meet the learning needs of each of our students. We strive to nurture effective communication skills, master core academic content and engage in inquiry based lessons. Our goals are to encourage each individual student to learn the way he/she learns best. Learning experiences and educational expectations are academically, intellectually, and personally challenging for all students. Project-based learning strategies are incorporated across the grade levels. We use Socratic Seminars to engage our students and also use NEWSELA to support differentiation.
The qualifications for this High School position are the following:
- Proven skills in leadership, group facilitation, organization, writing, listening and communication
- Ability to work independently yet seek support if necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Native English speaker, no Spanish proficiency required
- A passion for student achievement, the conviction that all students can learn, and a high drive to meet the needs of every student
- An intimate understanding of U.S. education
- A strong advocate for students and teachers
- Think outside the box when it comes to class planning
- Flexibility to take on responsibilities that are not included in actual job descriptions when necessary
- Yearly salary of between $14,000 - $16,000
- Free Housing
- Van to and from school
- Local health insurance
- Visa provided and paid for ($800)
- $1000 travel expenses paid at completion of contract
- $1000 bonus at the completion of the contract.
- $1000 bonus if contract resigned
- One week vacation for Easter
- Two week vacation in July (mid-break)
- Guatemalan culture exposure
How to apply