We are in search of a VISTA member who will join us for one year from August 31, 2020 - August 31, 2021 to help Promote Compassion Works for All’s mission through our Community Programs.
CWFA has provided mindfulness/meditation programs for people living in jails and prisons since 2005. We have a full-time executive director, 3 part-time employees, a 9-member board of directors, and a host of volunteers. Because we are unable to enter prisons and jails during COVID-19, we have begun producing videos and DVDs to send to prisons. We also publish a quarterly newsletter on mindfulness that goes out to over 3,200 people in all 50 states and in 4 countries.
Organizationally, we are in the process of expanding in order to offer the following:
- In-prison programs
- Re-entry programs
- Family programs
- Prison security personnel programs
- Community Programs
The VISTA hired for 2020-2021 will be in charge of all Community Programs. Primary responsibilities include:
- Promote brand awareness through regular, high-quality social media content.
- Create a one-year Community Programs calendar.
- Acquire free online certifications through Google Academy and HubSpot to quickly enhance necessary marketing skills.
- Plan and develop CWFA’s “Day of Compassion.”
- Work with executive director to increase Compassion Works for All’s corporate partnerships.
The VISTA role at CWFA comes with a high level of responsibility, so we are especially focused on candidates with a proven record of being a self-starter, quick learner, and reliable team player. Ideal candidates will have some experience with the following, though none are required:
- Social media strategies
- Google ads/metrics
- Content marketing including blogs, video, and email
- Video editing/production
- Microsoft Word, Excel
Please only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Are a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident
- Have applied through the AmeriCorps portal at my.americorps.gov
- Can work full-time (40 hours per week) from August 31, 2020-August 31, 2021
How to apply
Please send a resumé and cover letter to:
Cory Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org