Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for overseeing areas relating to accounts payable and other organizational expenses. This position addresses tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities, and activities related to: vendor relationships; internal review to verify adherence to policies and procedures; the data entry and processing of 200-300 transactions a week; check and ACH transactions; general ledger updates; filing; 1099 tax form preparation and submission; the administration of the corporate credit card program; year-end audit support; and serving as a customer service presence to both external vendors/partners and internal employees and consultants. The Accounts Payable Coordinator reports to the Controller.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of Jumpstart’s financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure the accurate and timely data entry of all invoices, payables, and reimbursements
- Review all expense submissions and back up
- Facilitate accurate vendor and payment files
- Prepare journal entries to the general ledger to correct or update data as appropriate
- Prepare and submit annual 1099 tax forms to all appropriate external parties
- Assist with implementation of corporate credit card program
- Participate in monthly close and reconciliation process
- Maintain positive vendor relationships
- Ensure adherence to all internal policies and procedures regarding Purchase Orders, Check Requests, Reimbursements, and Reconciliations
- Serve as a resource to staff who have concerns or questions regarding invoices or payments
- Respond to requests for certificates of insurance
Systems, Data, and Knowledge Management
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and to ensure GAAP and OMB compliance at all times
- Assist with data entry and management of Jumpstart’s PER system
How to apply
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Exceptional organizational skills along with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated success collaborating within a team
- Desire to engage in relationship building and collaboration; consistent service orientation and commitment to excellence and professionalism
- Ability to take direction and follow specific guidelines in order to complete a task or process
- Solid verbal and written communications skills
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
Preferred or Ideal
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Experience with, exposure to, or willingness to learn Salesforce, Sage Intacct, Adaptive Insights
July/August 2020 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary - $45,000; along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
Please complete an online application at https://www.jstart.org/about/careers/. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities. Please visit our website at www.jstart.org.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.