Do you care deeply about social justice? Consider joining us by becoming a Community Support Specialist! Working at Thresholds means making a difference in someone’s life every day. For decades, Thresholds has provided mental health and substance use services in Chicago land and surrounding counties that give hope to those who need it most.
Take advantage of our excellent training programs to learn the latest in evidence-based clinical practices. Enjoy flexibility and autonomy in how you accomplish your work. At Thresholds, one of Chicago’s award-winning best workplaces, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, opportunities for growth and continuing education, and clinical supervision for LCPC/LCSW licensure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct service to clients through individual and group counseling/therapy, vocational support, crisis intervention, and psycho-social rehabilitation.
- Identifies risk factors related to relapse and develops relapse prevention plans and strategies.
- Develops and reviews members’ care plans by identifying goals, objectives, and specific mental health services needed.
- Teaches members independent and community living skills, such as housekeeping, meal preparation, coping skills, etc.
- Provides support to members with collateral social service agencies and the community.
- Documents services provided in an Electronic Health Record in a timely manner.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and have:
- High school diploma or GED certificate with 5 years of supervised job related experience in the field of social services OR Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field
- Daily access to a personal vehicle
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to provide transportation for members of the program
- Must obtain and maintain liability car insurance of:
- $100,000 per person bodily injury
- $300,000 per accident
- $100,000 property damage
How to apply