The Manager of Employer Partnership Data & Operations will be responsible for collaboratively designing, implementing, and improving systems that help a mission-driven organization and its diverse stakeholders get farther, faster. You’ll be a fit for the role if you love finding problems, solving puzzles, and creating process improvements, and you have a deep customer service orientation.
At Braven, employer partnerships fuel Fellow outcomes, support our organization’s growth, and contribute to our fiscal sustainability. To take our work to new heights, we’re looking for somebody who believes deeply in the value of strong systems that scale impact. You’ll be responsible for creating both systems and communications that meet the needs of a wide set of stakeholders, including volunteers, Fellows, employer partners, and staff members ranging from program managers to executive directors. With that in mind, you’ll need to excel at cross-functional collaboration, work well in teams, understand staff and user experiences, use data to inform decisions, and communicate effectively to both staff and external stakeholders.
- Quickly understand Braven’s programs, data systems, and communications in order to lead projects starting in January
- Achieve pipeline goals for employer partnerships: recruiting volunteers, sourcing job and internship opportunities, and organizing employer-led engagements
- Own a systems redesign of volunteer recruitment registration forms, website pages, automated email communications, and staff-facing dashboards
- Create compelling marketing materials and email templates that ladder up to the org-wide employer partnership strategy
- Translate bi-directionally between users and engineers, helping tech and data teams understand user needs, and helping users understand newly developed tech tools
- Analyze data and make inferences using a variety of sources both quantitative (e.g user engagement data) and qualitative (e.g. empathy research)
- Provide excellent customer service by training staff, creating high user engagement, and troubleshooting volunteer, employer partner, and staff needs as they arise
- Assist with operations for events with employer partners as needed
To be successful at Braven during this phase of growth, on the External Affairs team, and in this role, you must demonstrate Braven’s core values, skillfully navigate ambiguity and ongoing change, approach problems with curiosity and agency, and welcome constant feedback and learning. You will thrive if you can quickly jump into the Braven context, adapt to unexpected changes, love taking on new challenges, and can get yourself unstuck. You will need to take initiative and find a way when clear structures, systems, processes, and expectations are not well-defined. You must have a high degree of self-ownership, a team and mission-driven orientation, a low degree of ego, and a high degree of grace. This kind of work is not for everyone but if it’s for you, this is a fantastic team of awesome humans and incredibly meaningful work to be a part of. Come join us in shaping the next generation of leaders!
Experiences, Skills, and Traits
- At least 3-5 years of work experience; BA or equivalent degree
- High degree of technological savvy as a user; experience with customer relationship management and email marketing software preferred (e.g. Salesforce and Mailchimp); experience with agile methodology is also a plus
- Experience with project management that includes representatives from diverse teams (e.g. tech, data, product, and legal)
- Experience designing empathy-driven, user-centered solutions that generate efficiencies at scale
- Very strong writing skills; communications, marketing, design, and UX/UI experience is a plus
- Very strong analytical skills; ability to monitor, analyze, synthesize, and report back on data is required
- Excels in a fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment
- Demonstrates alignment with Braven core values
- Cultural competence and experience working with diverse populations (both students and professionals) preferred; operate with an asset-based lens
- Customer-service orientation
- Learns quickly and manages large volumes of feedback on a regular basis
How to apply