The Office of Field Policy and Management (FPM) within the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development provides management and oversight to all of HUD's Regional and Field Offices nationwide. Since FPM is uniquely positioned in the Regional and Field Offices, it serves as the principal point of contact for the Department in the field.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13 . If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position:
- Represent the Regional Administrator/Deputy Regional Administrator/Field Office Director in communication and liaison activities with HUD clients, HUD program officials, local leaders, state legislators, representatives of industry, foundations, universities, public and private interest groups and the media.
- Lead and conduct projects and studies that require analysis and evaluation of programs effectiveness, including recommending methods of improvement.
- Research, analyze, evaluate, and report on system-generated data, narrative information, and statistical data, proposes solutions, and develop input for briefings, data-calls, meetings, community and demographic profiles, charts, and the like.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate policies and regulations to resolve conflicts or other local challenges and customer service complaints, as well as to devise and propose creative, effective, and useful solutions to emerging issues.
For the GS-9: You must have one year of experience at the GS-7 level, or equivalent, that is directly related to the position as listed in this announcement, and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is:
- Collaborating and networking across boundaries to build strategic relationships to achieve agency goals; AND
- Using qualitative and quantitative methods and techniques to assess, conduct reviews, analyze data and improve program effectiveness; AND
- Experience using computer applications, software, and social media for business to research, analyze, and communicate information in the appropriate format;
EDUCATION: A related master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. Attach a copy of transcripts or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned to ensure proper credit.
Combination of experience and education. This is creditable providing the combination consists of 100% of the requirement. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 18 semester hours (27 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.
Specialized Experience: For the GS-11: You must have one year of experience at the GS-09 level, or equivalent, that is directly related to the position as listed in this announcement, and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is:
- Working with a variety of community revitalization and housing redevelopment projects and initiatives; AND
- Assessing community needs and making recommendations to management; AND
- Analyzing and evaluating agency policy and programs and reporting results to management; AND
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with lead organizations.
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.
Combination: Combination of specialized experience and graduate level education. Only graduate education in excess of a master's or equivalent graduate degree (excess of 36 semester hours or 54 quarter hours), may be used to combine education and experience.
The full promotion potential for this position is a GS-13.
How to apply
Email a copy of your federal resume, Non-Competitive Eligibility letter, and official college transcripts to email@example.com.