Without volunteers, most not-for-profits would suffer a drastic reduction in capacity to serve communities and achieve the mission of the organization. Recruitment is the first step in securing volunteer participation in your national service program.
In this section, we will review:
- what motivates volunteers to serve
- basic concepts related to volunteer recruitment
- how to determine the types of volunteers you need for your program
- what to include in a volunteer position description
- strategies for recruiting volunteers