Facilitative training modules for skill-building
VISTAs are called to take a prominent role in the community: facilitating meetings, collaborating on vision and action plans, resolving conflicts, and more. Taken together, these skills amount to one thing: leadership. These modules can be used as stand-alone training sessions or as a multi-day leadership training for VISTAs. You can also pass along the modules to your VISTA leaders so they can replicate these trainings.
- Expectations and Agreements (PDF) Learn how to encourage a group to lay the foundation for its learning environment.
- Life Maps (PDF) Help VISTAs get to know one another in an activity that charts the path that led them to service.
- Balloon Castles (PDF) Guide VISTAs in learning about themselves as communicators, team members, and leaders.
- Leadership Compass (PDF) Use this activity for VISTAs to see how their personality preferences are linked to different leadership styles.
- Facilitation (PDF) Boost VISTAs’ skills in facilitating team project planning meetings.
- Visioning (PDF) Help VISTAs create vision statements for individual or team projects and learn the value of visioning.
- Project Planning (PDF) Engage VISTAs in a process for inclusive team planning of service projects.