Payment Towards Retirement Credit

If you become a federal employee, you may make a service credit deposit payment for any period of Peace Corps or VISTA service (excluding training time), regardless of when the service was performed. Paying the service credit deposit will make this volunteer time creditable toward federal retirement. VISTA alumni who become federal employees must contact the Human Resources/Benefits personnel at their current federal agency to initiate the deposit process.

Webpage link