All incoming AmeriCorps VISTA members must take an Oath at the start of VISTA service.
- The Oath is required for VISTA members who are:
* Participating in a VISTA Member Orientation
* Rejoining VISTA after a break in service
* Serving as a Summer Associate
- For VISTAs participating in a VISTA Member Orientation, once you have been sworn in by a CNCS Official, follow the instructions below.
- For VISTAs rejoining after a break in service and Summer Associates, contact your CNCS State Office to schedule the swearing in. Once you have been sworn in, follow the instructions below.
Member guidance for submitting the Oath form correctly:
- After taking the Oath of Service, the form will become available for completion in My AmeriCorps under “VISTA Oath of Service” in the left menu. Do NOT complete the Oath form until you have been sworn in by a CNCS Official.
- Complete and submit the Oath form by 11:59pm local time on your first day of service.
- Submitting a late or incorrect Oath form may result in a delay of your living allowance or other benefits.
- If any information on the Oath form is incorrect, the form will be reset. If the form is reset, you will receive an automated email notification and another separate email will be sent detailing what information needs to be corrected on the Oath form.
Instructions for submitting the Oath form:
Once sworn in, candidates should take the following steps:
- Log in to My AmeriCorps and click on the "VISTA Oath of Service" link in the left menu.
- Type in the date of your first day of service at your project site into the field “Date of your First Day of Service at your Project Site.”
- Type in the name of the CNCS Official who administered the Oath to you into the field “Name of CNCS Official Who Administered and Witnessed the Oath.”
- Electronically sign the Oath form by typing your first and last name as it is listed in your My AmeriCorps account into the field “Electronic Signature.”
- Check the box below the field “Electronic Signature,” to constitute the electronic signature as a legal signature on the Oath form.
- Click “Submit.”
Need Assistance? If your Oath form is unavailable in My AmeriCorps, please contact the VISTA Member Support Unit at 1-800-942-2677 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.